All GPS devices should be updated regularly to get updated information of the road map. So, those who are using Garmin Nuvi 255w should update their GPS device when required. Therefore, here in this section, we have discussed the steps to update Garmin Nuvi 255w.
Garmin is a well-famous company in the market that offers several GPS products to use common people. Thus, there are numerous devices, and Garmin Nuvi is one of them. The people like the Garmin Nuvi 255W because of its attractive design and advanced features.
Problem with Garmin Nuvi 255W
- Unable to connect via USB
- Storage related issue
- Fails to update Garmin Nuvi 255W via Garmin Express
- If the screen of the GPS device is frozen, then the user encounters a problem
- Fails to give direction if the voice prompts stop working
Steps to update Garmin Nuvi
If the Garmin Nuvi 255W does not respond appropriately, then perform the following steps mentioned below. Through the help of these steps, it would become easy for all users to update Garmin Nuvi.
With these steps’ help, the users can quickly resolve the issue and easily update Nuvi 255W. So proceed down and follow the steps as mentioned below.
- Open the official portal of the Garmin Express Website, i.e., garmin.com/express.
- After this, tap on the “Download for Windows” option, and then the Garmin Express setup file will start downloading on the computer.
- Now install Garmin Express software on the system.
- Note: To install Garmin Express, double-click on the “Setup file” and then agree on the “term and conditions” page. Then click on “Install” and “Yes” when prompted.
- Now carefully attach the Garmin Nuvi device to the computer system.
- After this, open the Garmin Express application.
- Then click on the “Get Started” option.
- Now click on “Add a device” and the process will start.
- Now to finish the setup procedure, follow the on-screen instructions.
- After this, click on the “Install All” button, and the device will start updating.
- Then wait for the device to get updated properly.
Steps to update Nuvi 255w for Mac
- Visit the Garmin Express website.
- Now on the official website, click on the “Download for Mac” link.
- After this, install Garmin Express on the device.
- Once the file gets download, then open the downloaded file and verify the software if required.
- Then drag the Nuvi app icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After this, attach the Garmin Nuvi with the MacBook.
- Now open the Garmin Express application.
- After this, click on the “Get Started” button.
- Then click on the “Add a device” option.
- Now complete the setup procedure by following the on-screen instructions.
- After this, click on the “Install All” button, and the Garmin Nuvi 255W update will start.
Thus by applying all these steps, the users can easily update Garmin Nuvi 255W. If the user fails to update, then feel free to take help from the professionals of Garmin. The Garmin Support Team are always there to guide the user and help them with the issues.