Garmin offers an extensive range of GPS devices that are designed with cutting edge technology. For the accuracy and reliability of these devices, you have to install the Garmin update. Garmin introduces these updates periodically for keeping the devices working in perfect condition. To install these updates easily, you are provided with the Garmin Express application. This is an application designed for managing and updating your device. For installing the updates, follow the process given below.
Garmin Update Process
- To begin with the Garmin Update procedure, you first have to download and install the Garmin Express on your device. For downloading, you are required to visit the Garmin express web page by typing “garmin.com/express”. Further, click the download link.
- Once the download gets completed, the next step is to install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
- After that, Garmin wants you to connect your sat nav device to the system using the USB cable. For establishing the connection you have to take the cable and attach its one end to the device and another end to the system.
- The next step of the procedure is to open the Garmin Express application by double-clicking its icon from the desktop or the system tray.
- Then, Garmin asks you to add your sat nav device to the application. For this, click the “Add a device” option and the Garmin Express will start searching for your connected device.
- Once the search gets completed, you have to select your Garmin device and then tap the “Add Device” option that is located beside your product.
- In the next window, you will be asked to sign in to your Garmin account. For this, click the “Sign In” tab and provide the login credentials that are linked with Garmin.
- However, if you are a new user and want to create a new account, then, you have to tap the “Create an Account” option. Further, provide the required profile information in their respective fields.
- If your product is not registered till now, then, you will get the product registration window. Here, you have to provide your email address and click the “Next” tab.
- Thereafter, provide a nickname to your Garmin device. This will make it easy for you to identify your device. Then, hit the “Next” button to move further.
- On using the Garmin Wearable device, you will get a window to connect to the WiFi network. This is required for uploading the data to the Garmin Connect wirelessly. For this, you have to click the “Find Network” tab and after that, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then, press the “Next” tab to proceed further with the Garmin Update process.
- Afterwards, Garmin wants you to read the Privacy Statement document before you proceed further. In order to access the document, you have to select the “View Privacy Statement” option and then read the document carefully.
- Once you are done with this, the next step is to accept the terms and conditions of Garmin. In order to do so, tap the “Yes” option.
- This will begin the setup process of Garmin Express. You have to wait for the successful completion of the Garmin Update procedure.
- After the setup gets completed, Garmin will redirect you to the main interface of the Garmin Express application.
- Now, select the “Check For Updates” tab to view the updates available for your device.
- Further, click the “View Details” link to get the list and information on the updates.
- Next, you have to select the Garmin update you want to install on your device and click the “Install” tab which is located beside your selected update.
- In the next window, you are required to go through the Terms and Conditions of Garmin. After reading, you have to agree with the document by clicking the “Accept” tab.
- Thereafter, go through the instructions and make sure that you follow each of them. Further, you have to select the “Continue” button.
- This will initiate the process of installing the Garmin update. You have to wait patiently until the process gets completed successfully.
- Once you are done with all this, you can check if the updates gets installed or not. For this, select the “Check For Updates” tab.